Monday, May 17, 2010

Exposed!

I was inspired by my previous blog post 'Inner Reign' to reveal a before & after shot of me while I was gettin' ready for this award ceremony thingy that I attended. I gotta warned ya....... it's not a pretty sight!


To tell you the truth, i'm not really afraid of letting people see the natural side of me. I'm not the kind of person that wears make-up 24/7, I'm perfectly comfortable to go out in public without a stitch of make-up on. Heck, I don't even wear make-up to college! I would use mascara every now & then, but that is about as far as I would go when it comes to wearing make-up to class.

However, there is a side of me that is all about getting glam up for special occasions!


(It's amazing how a little eyeshadow & blusher can do to ya!)

As you can see, my hair is wet in the before shot, *obviously!*, I don't really like to blow-dry my hair, I kinda prefer my hair air-dried.

Anyway, I did my make-up while waiting for my hair to dry (it's a long process people!). By the time I am finished with my make-up, my hair was dried completely! (perfect timing huh?)

(pucker-up for the camera!)

I am totally in-love with this look I'm wearing! It's soft, long-lasting & it gives me great coverage!




After putting on my sunscreen, I prepped my face by using MAC's Strobe Cream Hydratant Lumineux face primer, MAC's Studio Sculpt SPF 15 Foundation, Maybelline Perfect Concealer in Light Beige, MAC's Lightful Ultracharge Foundation, MAC's Bronzing Powder, & Sasa's Rosy Pink Blusher.

For the eyes, I'm using Estee Lauder Pure Color Eyeshadow (Ivory box, Honey Drop, Cinnamon, & Slate), Kate's Gel Eyeliner in Metallic Black for the upper eyeline, Maybelline Unstoppable Eye Liner in Velvet Black for the lower eyeline, & Sasa Super Dolly Powerful Mascara in Black.

F.Y.I, I don't really use fake eyelashes, my eyes are pretty sensitive, eveytime I use fake eyelashes, my eyes will start to feel a little painful after approximately 1 hour wearing them.

As for the lips, I used Kate Rouge Ex Lip color in BE-30, & Majolica Majorca Honey Pump Gloss Neo.

I wore one of my favourite dresses of all time, *LBD as a matter-of-fact*.
I love it as it embodies a modern take on the classic 1920's flapper dress.

(classic!)

The dress (by mini.com) had fringes on the torso instead of the entire length of the dress. I'm not exactly a fan of fringes but my dress is an exception. *too much fringe tends to add age in my opinion* The bottom of the dress is short & more flowy than the 1920's version. And so, it creates a more youthful feel compared to the classic flapper. *super flirty!*


Dresses & make-ups aside, how you feel on the inside is what makes you shine.

The most important advice that I can give to all you chica's out there is to feel good about yourselves! Love yourself. & others will love you. *muacks!*


0 comments:

Post a Comment

© 2011 Femme Virtue, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena