I would like to hereby declare my self-proclaimed love for:
(drum roll please...)
Blazers, cropped, bomber, bolero...
U named it, I'd probably loved them!
Top 5 reasons why I can't live without them:
1. Jackets are more than a mere piece of clothing, it's an accessory!
2. Uh, hello? It keeps you warm & cozy during cold weather!
3. It's super flexible! You can dress it up for a night out in the town or dress it down for a cup of
coffee at Starbucks.
4. It helps to hide some problematic areas of your body that you do not want anyone to see!
e.g. muffin tops (the oozing fat around your waist)
5. It's pretty comfortable considering it just hang on to the body.
One of my favourite style icon that really know how 2 work a blazer is non other than Miss Kim K herself.
(notice how flirty yet subtle she looks with that trench-looking blazer she had on!)
(a more casual look, white this time, notice the slight hump of shoulder pads!)
Another one of my fav........ BIKER JACKETS!
As seen here on Taylor Momsen....
(can you say love?)
Of course, there is also a more sophisticated approach when it comes to jackets.
Case-in point, the oh-so-chic yet sexy pantsuits.
Women, in my opinion, always make the mistake of looking too old in a pantsuit.
The key to avoid looking too matronly in a pantsuit is by opting one that fits you like a glove.
Go for a jacket that has a longer lapel to create an illusion of a longer torso.
This will totally elongate your body and make you look slimmer.
Take a note from America's sweetheart Jennifer Aniston.
As shown on the picture above, Jen wore a jacket with a plunging neckline that added a little sex appeal without showing too much skin.
The jacket cinched her waist perfectly to show off her figure in the otherwise conservative look.